Coronavirus Resource Guide for Business
This Covid-19 Resource Guide for Business is to keep you up to date during the Covid-19 pandemic. Our goal to keep supporting the health, safety, and prosperity of our clients in any way possible. In this post, here are some key resources for small business owners and taxpayers to stay up-to-date on the latest factual information from news sources we trust. Should you have any questions, feel free to call Alex Franch, BS EA at our Norwell, Massachusetts Tax Office. We invite quiestions, you can call me, Alex Franch, BS EA at 781.849.7200.
Helpful Features for Small Businesses and Taxpayers During Coronavirus
If you’re a current client of ours, we are here to continue helping you even in the midst of the coronavirus crisis. We have put together this Covid-19 Small Business Resource Guide to help you navigate your business during this difficult time. Below are some of the most helpful features we have to continue our secure, virtual engagements with you: Client portal Secure file sharing E-Sign Expert-written coronavirus content to keep you updated on our blog SBA emergency loan information Tax Organizers & Digital Workflows Have any questions?
Covid-19 Resource Guide Blogs
See all content and resources relating to our Coronavirus Resource Guide below. Here’s the full list:
- IRS Extends Over 300 Tax Filing, Payment and Admin Deadlines
- “Main Street” Loan Program to Support Small to Medium-Sized Businesses
- Massachusetts Extends Tax Filing Deadline
- Track Your Economic Impact Payment in the New IRS Portal
- Tax Credit Pays for Keeping Employees on Payroll
- Self-Employed and Independent Contractors Now Qualify for Unemployment Benefits
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Employers Need to Know
Covid-19 Resource Guide Note
In order to best serve our tax clients during these unprecedented times, we want to make sure you’re staying up to date on the latest info from the IRS and other sources as well. This is why we set up this Coronavirus Resource Guide for you.
In addition to watching the sources below, we’ll post to our blog as legislation passes or anything else changes. We recommend checking on Covid-19 updates from these sources frequently.
Coronavirus Financial assistance (Grants, loans, etc):
- Facebook: Small Business Grants Program (offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits)
- Finder.com: Where to find free or low-interest loans for small businesses affected by the coronavirus
- Kiva: The crowdsourcing/microfinance company is offering 0% loans up to $15,000 with no payments for six months.
- GoFundMe has partnered with Yelp to launch the Small Business Relief Initiative, offering grants and resources to small business owners.
Support Local (USA Today): Buy gift cards to support local businesses struggling during this time – and encourage others to do the same!
Information From the IRS
Key news releases:
- April 2, 2020: IRS issues warning about Coronavirus-related scams; watch out for schemes tied to economic impact payments
- March 31, 2020: Employee Retention Credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19
- March 30, 2020: Economic impact payments: What you need to know
- March 21, 2020: Tax Day now July 15 – Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount owed
Small Business Covid-19 Resource Guide Information
Whether you use these resources for your own small business or to send to SMB owners you know, this list showcases some of the resources and assistance available to help SMBs in this time of economic hardship. For any questions about these offerings and how we can help, reach out to our team.
In addition to watching the sources below, we’ll post to our blog as legislation passes or anything else changes. We recommend checking on updates from these sources frequently.
U.S. Treasury Department
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information Sheet: Borrowers
- Final PPP Borrower Application Form
USA Small Business Administration Covid-19 information
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease
- Funding Programs Page
- SBA Disaster Assistance for COVID-19
- Three-Step Process for SBA Disaster Loans
- Capital Access Resources
- SBA Local Assistance Directory
- Info For Federal Contractors
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Resources
Other Coronavirus Business Resources
Small Business Development Center: COVID-19 Small Business Resources
ADP: Good resource for businesses managing absences, paid and unpaid leave
Forbes: List Of Coronavirus Small Business Relief Programs (updated continually, state and local included)
COVID-19 Government Resources for Business
Keep checking these pages for the latest news and guidelines straight from the source – government and public health officials.
- Total Government Response to Coronavirus
- Total Government Response to Coronavirus (Spanish)
- Government Response by State
Centers For Disease Control
- Coronavirus Resources Page
- About Coronavirus Disease
- Situation Summary
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
U.S. State Department
If you aren’t following us on social media already, click the icons on our website to visit our social media profiles. In addition, be sure to follow the accounts for crucial authorities during this time:
Do you or your small business need help understanding this Coronavirus Resource Guide?
Due to Covid-19 you may email me at email@example.com to schedule an appointment to drop off you tax documents at either our Norwell, Massachusetts Tax Office or Dedham, Massachusetts Tax Office locations. Tax time may be extended to July 15, 2020, yet, why wait? Go online and schedule your appointment now. You may also securely upload your encrypted tax documents here.